Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sinking in the PDA sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottlem

Technical User
Mar 23, 2001
GB
Good afternoon.

I am looking in getting some PDA's for the managers at work. Can anyone advise me which PDA works well with GroupWise email and calender sync.

Only problem is our main manager does not want to go the Palm path.

Many thanks for any future replies.

Scott

Sorry forgot to mention we are running GroupWise 5.5.5

Do the users want to connect from the pda direct or through a cradle on their pc. There are quite alot of products out now but limited if you want direct connect. Lee Smith
Associated Network Services
Snr Systems Engineer
Lee.Smith@ANSPLC.Com

There are some good tips on solutions from novell). Intellisync is a fav but there are quite alot of products coming available. Check the tips there. Lee Smith
Associated Network Services
Snr Systems Engineer
Lee.Smith@ANSPLC.Com

We have two PDA's in our office(one is a Palm and the other is a Compaq Pocket PC). Both are using Intellisync. The only trouble I had installing the Intellisync software was with it kicking the license. This was due to Norton AntiVirus running while the install was performed.

If you are running an OS that does not support USB, such as Win NT 4.0 you will have to purchase an additional cradle that is has a serial connector. Most PDA's we have looked at are sold with a USB connector.

We will soon be syncing three Jornada HandHeld pc's (Models 690 & 720). In the next few weeks I will post how successful that endeavor is.

We are using the Palm III's, V's, Vx's, 505's, and the Sony Clie's. We synch using the newest Intellisynch.

I have the Clie NR70 and Win XP. I have had no problems synching my calendar and my GroupWise email.

Others have had problems synching the email but never a problem synching the GroupWise Calendars.

Hello!

We are using both iPAQ's and Journadas. For iPAQ's You should care about latest version of WinCE software, with old software here was problems with stability. Otherwise I can agree AgTech main points of care.

All the best!

Dz. V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back