Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Single Windows 7 Ultimate workstation not applying Registry, Drive Map or Printers GPO settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADB100

Technical User
Mar 25, 2003
GB
I still have a few Windows 7 workstations in an AD domain (2016 functional level).
There are various GPOs that get applied and its a fairly robust setup.
I have however a single Windows 7 Ultimate workstation that is having some GPO issues. It appears to be localised to this one PC. GPO processing happens, however I get four Warning events in Event Viewer that tie-up with errors shown from either GPResult.exe or rsop.msc. One is for the computer GPO settings:

Event 1085 "Windows failed to apply the Group Policy Registry settings. Group Policy Registry settings might have its own log file. Please click on the "More information" link."

The other three are for the User GPO settings:

Event 1085 "Windows failed to apply the Group Policy Drive Maps settings. Group Policy Drive Maps settings might have its own log file. Please click on the "More information" link."
Event 1085 "Windows failed to apply the Group Policy Registry settings. Group Policy Registry settings might have its own log file. Please click on the "More information" link."
Event 1085 "Windows failed to apply the Group Policy Printers settings. Group Policy Printers settings might have its own log file. Please click on the "More information" link.

All other GPO settings are getting applied fine.

I've been round the houses searching for these events and am not getting anywhere. I've removed all the 'Policies' sections from the registry, removed the local Group Policy folders in \ProgramData and \Windows\System32 and the errors persist. I've found various posts online but none of them are helping.
There must be something common with applying Registry, Drive Maps and Printer GPO settings that I can't see.

I've also removed it from the domain and re-added it and get the same issue.

Any ideas?

Did you setup the machine from the manufacturers setup or did you set it up on a formatted drive from a ISO original from Microsoft or the manufacturer ?

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
Popular Mechanics, 1949

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back