Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Single SQL for Multiple Squential Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatDreamer

Programmer
Feb 11, 2006
CA
I have 3 sequential reports. All three are using the 3 separate sql that are the same. I would like to have 1 sql and have 3 separate reports use the 1 sql. Does anyone know what is the best approach is. Be detail as possible. Thanks

The sample report in the
C:\Program Files\Actuate7SP2\ErdPro\Examples\DataAccess\ReuseQuery folder might help you.

-- JB

create a report section that just contains the Datastream and Datarow with required SQL. Declare a global acMemoryBuffer or acRecordbuffer variable. Assign the Datasource to the variable in the report finish method and use the rewind method of the variable. you can use this global variable in subsequent Sequential reports. you can assign this variable in each reports obtaindatastream method. Just try to explore. if you still can not get it.
send me an email. dhanuss@hotmail.com
Thanks
jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back