Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Single Sign on Between CE10 and SAP R/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

VensCH

Programmer
Mar 30, 2005
US
Hi All,

Please Help me if you can, it would be of great Help, Thanks in Advance.

We are using Crystal Enterprise 10 to distribute Crystal Reports which are developed from SAP R/3.
At Present:
We are using CE specific logon to view the reports, now we are controlling user specific filters in Business View - Business Element based on CE logon,
Let say I am the Manager of X- market, I am giving permission to view only that X - Market, based on my CE UserID, This we are controlling at present in Business Element.

My question is, is there any way that we can get the Security provided in SAP r/3 functional Module.
(The same corresponding SAP r/3 report in SAP is implementing the above said security in SAP -Using Functional Module in SAP r/3.

If any one have any information about please share with us.

Env: Crystal reports 10, CE 10 and SAP r/3(Latest version).

Thanks,
Vens

Yes, we are having SAP Solution kit too

If you have implemented the SAP Solution Kit, you should be presented with SAP as one of your Authentication options when logging in to ePortfolio.

If you do have that as an option in the drop-down, then I expect your steps for setting-up single sign-on are the same as in they are for WinAD single-sign on.

You need to enable the single-sign on in the CMC AUTHENTICATION settings and modify the CSP for the login page to default to SAP Authentication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back