Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Single Select Netscape 4x

Status
Not open for further replies.

muleherd

Programmer
Apr 2, 2002
US
Is it possible to add options (using new Option or otherwise) to a single select in Netscape 4x. Multiple selects work fine, but I am not having any luck w/ single.

hey

if you're trying to add an option to the select wich was empty (w/o any options):

well.. when you click on select, small menu runs down from it containing options this select consists of.. (just don't remember how would it be in one word in english, haven't wrote in english for couple of months..)

the options are added with new option function, the problem is that netscrap remembers that your single select hadn'd any options, so, pulling-down menu with options was empty, & it doesn't care to extend this menu to show new added options...

woo.. are you with me?

so, to see your new just added options you have to set some of them from the very beginning
(at least i did it that way..)

i mean write

<select name=&quot;blabla&quot;>
<option selected value=&quot;Nothing&quot;>_______</option>
<option value=&quot;Nothing&quot;>_______</option>
.. add as much as you want new options to be visible
</select>

instead of just