Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Single ring on all phones 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfaro33

Technical User
Aug 13, 2002
US
I have a Norstar 0X32 and everytime there is an incoming call some of the phones ring once (more like half a ring). I have tried to trouble shoot this issue, but I can't find an answer.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!

What have you done for troubleshooting? Is it just one line that's doing this, or all lines? Checked line appearances on the phones in question? Can someone at the office answer the call or does it just disappear?

I looked at all of the configurations on the phones that do not ring and compared them to the phones that do, but I cannot find the difference in the configurations? By the way all the phones are M7310's

Whitfield77,
I looked at all of the configurations on the phones that do not ring and compared them to the phones that do, but I cannot find the difference in the configurations? By the way all the phones are M7310's

Does the auto attendant answer the lines.If it does turn
off the ringing on the phones with half ring.This happens
with EX. that ring when lines are set to be answered on
0 rings in AA.

Does the auto attendant answer the lines.If it does turn
off the ringing on the phones with half ring.

Does this happen on ALL incoming lines? Or is it all incoming calls only on Line 0xx? I like the suggestion from 12340000, our systems did that until we turned the ring off. Does the call get answered, or does it disappear?

All,
Thank you for the great feedback! Yes, the AA picks up all of the calls. I will try to go and shut off the ring, hopefully that will cancel the half ring.

I'm having a problem with the phones ringing on one side of the office. The phones don't ring when on nightring when there is an incoming call. I checked for the DND being enabled and it's not. I've also checked that the phones do in fact ring (when I intercom them) and they do ring. Do you have any suggestions what else I might be able to check?

Have you looked at the programming for night service? Where do you want the calls to go at night? Do the phones ring properly when in Normal service mode?

When I hit nightring, the phones used to ring at all the phones on the second ring (hence when nightring isn't activated, it only rings at the reception phone). But now, when nightring is activated, on the second ring, only 5 out of the 9 ring. I'm soooooo confused :)

Thanx for helping me out. I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

Have you looked in config programming to see which phones are programmed to ring in Night service? Get into **config
Go to General Admin, press show, then next until you get to Service Modes. Press show, then next until you get to Name:Night. Press show, then next until Show line:
enter the line number that you are having trouble with. The display should say 'Ringing sets' press show. It will then show one of the phones assigned to ring. Keep pressing next to scroll through the list.

If the four phones that are not ringing are not in this list, you can add them by using the softkey under 'Add'

Let me know what you find out.

When I enter:

Feature **266344
Password 266344

It then gives me:

Terminals&Sets>

but I pressing any of the numbers doesn't help.

What now?

Oooops. OK. I got to Services and ringing services, however, I can't figure out how to get to the names?

My mistake, I thought you were using 8x24. It looks like you may have 0x32. If so, go back to Ringing Services and press show. It should then say Ringing Groups, press next until it says 'Sched:Night' then press show. Next until Line Settings, show. Enter the line number having trouble, press show. It should say Ringing Grp:001 (or 002, 003 - just write the number down) Press Heading until you get back to Sched:Night, press back until you get to Ringing Groups, press show. Enter the ringing group number that you wrote down. Press the soft key under 'Scan' Keep pressing it to show all sets that are assigned to ring in this group. If the four sets in question are not listed, you can press find, enter the set number, then press change so the display says 'assigned'

Hope this helps. Let me know.
Chris

Thanks for all your help!!!

But, the problem isn't the lines ringing b/c all 6 of our lines ring, just not on certain phones. When I follow your procedure, it directs me to the lines 1-6 on our phone system, not the actual phone (or extension) ringing, but the actual line on the phone.

Is this confusing? I'm sorry if it is.

Ok. You lost me. Let's start over, what kind of system are you working with?

Describe, in detail, what is happening. My understanding is that you have Lines 1 thru 6 assigned as appear&ring on all phones. When you enter night service mode, these 6 lines only ring on a couple phones?? Do they ring on separate buttons, or on the intercom button?

Also, you should consider moving this to a separate topic. Your issue doesn't really have anything to do with the original question that alfaomega started the topic with.

Let me know, and I'll watch the board for any new topics.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back