Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Single Number Reach Ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDogJeff

Technical User
Nov 2, 2006
US
I'm working with and extension we have setup to have single number reach to a cell phone. We have played with the ring timers in the Remote Destination Config. but don't seem to get more that 5 rings on the phne and 3 on the cell. We want to set it up so that we have more ring time on the cell. We do not have a vmail box setup for the extension and have set it to "No Voice Mail" and "None" with no change. We have also played with "No Answer Ring Duration" set to 45sec. Bottom line is we want this extension to ring the cell untill they pick up or the cows come home. (So to speak). :)

We are on ver 7.1 on the call manager.

Thanks Folks!!

Jeff

What happens after 3 rings on the cell phone? Does the cell voicemail pickup? If so, you'd have to get with the cell provider to change their No Answer settings also.

No the cell does not pick up. The cell rings 6 times before vmail picks up when called directly. There are times that 3 rings are not enough for the user to get to the cell. Thats why we need to have the system ring it longer if possible.

Thanks For the input

Jeff

Are you saying that adjusting the Answer Too Late Timer has no effect on the ringing duration? Are you sure the IP phone has all forwarding turned off on its line?
Make sure the forwarding is off and change the above timer to something like 50000 msec on all profiles involved.
Then try again.

BigDogJeff:

I am not sure you can ring the cell phone until the cows come home on the cell phone even if you are the cell phone provider to eliminate voice mail on the cell phone.

The primay Cisco extension will pick up the call by voice mail then it would terminate the cell phone call.

My experience is this is how it works with my configuration with Remote Destination Profile. Like I said with my previous post I need to dig up more on SNR.

I think what you want to accomplish is: Cisco internal extension is you first # on the call coverage path and cell phone is the seond and lsat coverage point in the path. This is how PBX works. I need to look into it more for CUCM.

KC

We have adjusted all the timers to max and minimum and the most we can get the cell to ring is 3 times. There are cases that we need the cell to ring more than 3 times. The primary ext rings once then the cell with start ringing just before the second ring. Being that the cell only rings 3 times, it doesn't get to it's vmail. The primary extension does not have vmail nor does it need it if that helps. Right now we have all settings on the extenson set for no vmail.

Thanks Folks!!

You may have already done this... but...

a) Put the Delay Before Ringing Timer at 0.
b) Answer Too Late Timer - try ridiculous numbers with this. Then just work your way back until you can get it to pull back from the cell phone's voicemail.

The problem with having that timer too long is UCM needs time to pull the call back from the cell, lest the cell phone's voicemail picks up.

Interesting tho, I never really tested it... if I set the "Answer Too Late Timer" to the max - 300000ms - the cell phone's voicemail never does pickup. It just goes to a fast busy... I'm not sure why that would be. You may want to open a TAC case. I'd be curious to know if it's a bug - if you do decide to open a case and do get it resolved in some way please post back here. Now you've got me curious :D

So if my suggestions don't get you enough rings on the remote destination, I would open a TAC. I figured setting that value ridiculously high would cause the cell phone's voicemail to pickup, but I was greeted with a fast busy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back