Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Single Entry Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussOSU

Technical User
Apr 16, 2001
US
I am creating a database to keep track of job requests. I currently have everything setup but when I view the reports I get reports that include all of the entries instead of just the one I am trying to select. Is there a way to view just the report for the job request that I have selected through a form? In my form I have a view report button. What type of vb do I need to add to the button? I have been working at this for a couple of days now so my head is spinning sorry if none of this makes sense.

Run your report from a query and enter the text Forms![Name OF FORM]![INDEX FIELD] into the criteria in the INDEX FIELD Column... This will then pick up the value from the current record in your form and open the relevant report.

With your Open Report Button, use the wizard (I Know!!!) and go through the criteria to open your report.

Then make sure your report runs from the query you have added the above text to.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back