Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Since IE6 installed - eMail send problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigguync

MIS
Jul 24, 2002
US
I use XP, IE6, and Incredimail. Since XP-SP1 installed (and IE6 SP1), every time I click on an email link on any site to send an email, the email gets sent immediatly. It does not open my email program. I get a blank email in my SENT folder, that was sent to the proper link address. I replaced the IE6 sendmail.dll with the 5.5 version (as I gound several references to that on the Internet), but that didn't help.

I am not familiar with Incredimail but have you looked at the file association for URL:MailTo Protocol and see what command line it is running. Verify it is correct command line for the program. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

That did it.TKS. There was garbage in the open with field. However, now it does open my email client, but the address TO: is not filled in from the link. Missing something???

Probably a "%1" is missing at the end of the command line. The "%1" is what fills in the address. If this was Outlook the command would read:

"C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE" -c IPM.Note /m "%1"

I am not certain what the line would read for the mail system you are using. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

No, that didn't work. I emailed Incredimail support. It's obviously some other format. Thanks for getting me in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back