Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simultaneous paging on Legend? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

buflobref

Technical User
Apr 6, 2005
US
Desired results; On system page, select telephone speakers and all external speakers are used pressing only one button. Can not; solder speaker leads as output , use more than one button.
I thought I could use a page pac adaptor type and use that to access the external speakers. The adaptor would be assigned an extension and that extension would be part of a calling group. The calling group would include select MLX phones that need to hear pages but are isolated from external speakers. The current programming on all phones is " Pick up Line 6". That key would be replaced with "Calling group X".
This sounded simple enough to me but it was inferred that it would not work. I inhereted this system and wondered why this wasn't done instead of always adding more external speaker. AT&T 100 amplifier is used and it has multiple outputs.
Tried searching but didn't see a cure. Any leads would be greatly appreciated

Simultaneous Paging didn't come out until Magix.

You could burn a cheap MLX set in the phone room, connect the speaker of the phone to the input of the amplifier. When you call 799, the internal all page, the phone room extension will receive the page as well, which would go out through the amp.

This is a feature that was add to Magix 2.2 and newer releases I don't know what release you are using but is might be worth the upgrade. Then you just add it to the page group.

Loudspeaker Page with Group Page. This feature enhancement allows up to two Loudspeaker Paging ports to be added to the Page All Group and to other Paging Groups. When a call is made to the Page Group, all members, along with the Loudspeaker Paging port are alerted.

Well, other than the upgrade to a later release of MAGIX, the fix was to solder leads in a spare phone and put them thru to an External paging system by means of some type of matching transformer, and perhaps an LED Triggered Relay for Contact Closure.

(OF course, this can open up all kinds of Impendence Mismatching stuff....)

Since you stated right off that no soldering could be done, the upgrade is the only way to go.

Thank you kindly, I'll forward this to the nay sayers and recommend an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back