Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simultaneous devices IP Office FEATURES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Najib.bk

Technical User
Sep 2, 2021
TN
Hello

On avaya aura there is a option " Simultaneous devices" which allow you to associate one single extension to up 10 phones ( soft and Hard) .

I'm wondering if there is something similaire in IP office .

which means can I associate users with multiple HARD PHONE at the same time OR what you can do is use the same extension but one is hard phone and one is soft phone ?

Many Thanks guys

@
@sizbut Thanks for your reply .

As per as I understand , I can use the same extension but one is hard phone and one is soft phone , correct ?

Reread it, you can have 1 hard phone and up to 3 softphones. You could also add mobile or internal twinning to that, but in reality just how many things can one person want ringing before it gets to confusing for both them and the system to cope. Why would you want 10?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Actually, I'd want to connect one extension to two Hard Phones.

Internal Twinning.

Reread it, you can have 1 hard phone and up to 3 softphones. You could also add mobile or internal twinning to that, but in reality just how many things can one person want ringing before it gets to confusing for both them and the system to cope. Why would you want 10?​

There is a use case for two hard phones where a user wants to have a hard phone in the office and another hard phone at home.

@gwebster is there any solution or workaround?

MADN Single Call Appearance (SCA)

The button is configured with the user name of the associated user and one of their call appearances. This provides the following behaviors:
Incoming extension calls: The button acts like a Bridged Appearance button to the associated user.

Incoming group calls: The button alerts if associated user is a member of the hunt group and alerting.

Outgoing calls: The button acts like a Call Appearance. It presents the call as originating from the button user but with the number and name of the associated user in the calling party information.

MADN Multiple Call Appearance (MCA)

The button is configured with just the user name of the associated user. This provides the following behaviors:
Incoming extension calls: The button acts like a Coverage Appearance to the associated user.

Incoming groups calls: The button does not alert.

Outgoing calls: The button acts like a Call Appearance. It presents the call as originating from the button user but with the number of the associated user in the calling party information.

Actually, I'd want to connect one extension to two Hard Phones." - Internal Twinning, Mobile Twinning, FNE, Follow Me, Group, Bridged Appearances, MADN, ...

The answers would be less scattergun guesses if you gave more detail of what you want. You didn't even start with two hard phones. Describe the whole scenario (where are the extensions located, users sharing or just one user, voicemail, etc, etc, etc, ...). The more you tell us to start with the better and more useful the answers will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back