Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simultaneous 799 and Overhead Paging 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline

Technical User
Oct 14, 2001
US
Anyone know if you can use an ATL port, maybe the intercom pair, or somehow using an SAA to combine 799 and overhead paging ?

Note the trunk number used for Loudspeaker Paging.

Traverse the Magix menu: Sys Program, Start, Extensions, More, Group Page. When prompted, enter 799 as the extension number of the group. Poke in the trunk number at the "Enter extension/line" prompt.

The new instructions are to dial 799 for all pages. The page will be heard through all handsets and overhead paging as well.

Tim Alberstein

If you ARE using ATL sets then you don't have a Magix...and therefore no simultaneous paging. I think 2.5 Magix was the first release with that feature but it could have been 3.0. Using the method you described is old school...very old school and I haven't seen the documents explaining the setup in quite sometime. If you have tried it....you already know it fails...the reason it fails is the brown pair does not play a role in the ATL operation on a Legend like on the early Merlin. I am assuming a Legend since you mentioned 799 as the all page. Tell us a little more about what you actually have and maybe someone will have a solution. lg

Yup, Merlin R7.

I've never done any type of simultaneous paging before but know that it can be done. Just wonder if anyone has tried this is the past. I will try it myself soon but thought some inside knowledge would be helpful.

Here's a trick if you want to experiment.

Use the brown pair for one of your ATL sets to feed the paging amp.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I don't have a paging amp in my shop but will try it in a couple days. I'll probably post a reply as to how it goes.

OK, let me re-staqte that.

I think I told it wrong.

When you enable VOICE OVER BUSY to an ATL Set, you have to use the BLUE pair of the next extension up.

So then you could use that to feed an amp.

And yes, test this with a butt set before going to any expense.

I am no where near my lab, and won't be for quite a while, or I'd test it.

But I'd be willing to bet it will work.

Another trick - use an old set and hardwire the speaker leads out to the amplifier. I used a valcom self amplified 24V speaker. This worked well for a small warehouse. Not only cold you use the all page but also as individual amplified paging for that station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back