Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simulating Livelink advanced Search thru an Asp page. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujala

Programmer
May 6, 2003
IN
We are biulding an ASP application which from doing other things also integrates Livelink simple & Advanced Search. (directly from ASP page).

We havent been able to throw the correct results from Livelink Advanced search, when there is more than one search condition (one row) in the search parameter screen. The problem lies in combining more than 1 search criteria (thru "And", "Or" etc.).

Supposing the user enters 2 rows of search criteria - 1 contaning 'big' & another 'bowl' with "And" b/w them. The http request that we are sending to the Livelink server is this :-

Here FullText_mode1=And&FullText_modifier1=&FullText_content1=All&FullText_value1=big corresponds to the first search criteria and FullText_mode2=And&FullText_modifier2=&FullText_content2=All&FullText_value2=bowl corresponds to the 2nd search criteria and we are combining the two through &FullTextOption2=And&.

But this is not working. Infact none of the conditions - "And", "Or", "Not" is working. We feel we are the on right path & have missed some QueryString variables in the URL.

Can anybody out there help us?? We are stuck!!!

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried comparing the URL that you have form your ASP with the URL that you would have running the same query in LL ? Have you also looked at any hidden fields on the search form that you may not be passing.

I cant compare the 2 urls as LL uses a post method to submit the request to the web-sever, so we cant see the URL whcih is built. yes, I tried with a few other hidden fields too, that were present in the Advanced LL search. but Not working :-(. do u know anybody who is a pro in LL integration? it will be of immense help to us!!!

What version of Livelink are you using to do this? My understanding is prior to 9.1sp3 the url search interface was not supported but since then it is and documented. If you send in the following:

?func=search&where1=big&where2=bowl&boolean2=and

it will work as you expect.

Regards

Firstly lots of thanks..
yes, our version of livelink is 9.103..
i have made 2 changes in my query string -
1. changed "FullText_option" key word to "boolean"
2. changed "FullText_value" key word to "where"

& it seems to be working. but i have one concern.. i need to perform the functionality of "advanced livelink search" where the user can enter "Modifier", "Within" etc. so i have included the keywords - FullText_modifier and FullText_content inn the query string. Can u pls verify whether these are correct or not?

thanks again.

I am including an html test form that will replicate parts of the advanced search page you describe. It should give you lots of ideas to work from. Let me know if that is what you are looking for.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<FORM ACTION=&quot; METHOD=&quot;POST&quot; NAME=&quot;searchFrm&quot; >
<!-- Your prompts to the user here -->
Testing really complex page<BR>
<INPUT TYPE=&quot;HIDDEN&quot; NAME=&quot;func&quot; VALUE=&quot;search&quot; >

<TABLE>
<TR BGCOLOR=&quot;#CCCCCC&quot;>
<TD COLSPAN=&quot;2&quot;>
<FONT FACE=&quot;Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif&quot; SIZE=&quot;2&quot;>
<B>Full Text</B>
</FONT>
</TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
<FONT FACE=&quot;Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif&quot; SIZE=&quot;2&quot;>Look For:</FONT>
<SELECT NAME=&quot;mode1&quot;>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;Nl&quot; >Answer to a Question </OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;And&quot; SELECTED>All Words </OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;Or&quot; >Any Words </OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;Exact&quot; >Exact Phrase </OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;LivelinkQuery&quot; >Complex Query </OPTION>
</SELECT>

<FONT SIZE=&quot;2&quot; FACE=&quot;Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif&quot;>Modifier:</FONT>
<SELECT NAME=&quot;modifier1&quot;>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;&quot;><None></OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;defaultthesaurus&quot; >Synonyms Of</OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;stem&quot; >Related To</OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;phonetic&quot; >Sounds Like</OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;righttruncation&quot; >Word Begins With</OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;lefttruncation&quot; >Word Ends With</OPTION>
</SELECT>
</TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
<INPUT TYPE=&quot;text&quot; NAME=&quot;where1&quot; VALUE=&quot;help&quot; SIZE=&quot;50&quot;>
 within 
<SELECT NAME=&quot;within1&quot;>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;All&quot; SELECTED>All</OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;content&quot; >Content</OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;metadata&quot; >MetaData</OPTION>
</SELECT>

</TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD>
<SELECT NAME=&quot;option2&quot;>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;Or&quot; SELECTED>Or</OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;And&quot; >And</OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;And-Not&quot; >Not</OPTION>
</SELECT>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
<FONT FACE=&quot;Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif&quot; SIZE=&quot;2&quot;>Look For:</FONT>
<SELECT NAME=&quot;mode2&quot;>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;Nl&quot; >Answer to a Question </OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;And&quot; SELECTED>All Words </OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;Or&quot; >Any Words </OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;Exact&quot; >Exact Phrase </OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;LivelinkQuery&quot; >Complex Query </OPTION>
</SELECT>

<FONT SIZE=&quot;2&quot; FACE=&quot;Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif&quot;>Modifier:</FONT>
<SELECT NAME=&quot;modifier2&quot;>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;&quot;><None></OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;defaultthesaurus&quot; >Synonyms Of</OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;stem&quot; >Related To</OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;phonetic&quot; >Sounds Like</OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;righttruncation&quot; >Word Begins With</OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;lefttruncation&quot; >Word Ends With</OPTION>
</SELECT>
</TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
<INPUT TYPE=&quot;text&quot; NAME=&quot;where2&quot; VALUE=&quot;triumph&quot; SIZE=&quot;50&quot;>
 within 
<SELECT NAME=&quot;within2&quot;>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;All&quot; SELECTED>All</OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;content&quot; >Content</OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;metadata&quot; >MetaData</OPTION>
</SELECT>
</TD>
</TR>
<B>Scope</B>
</FONT>
</TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD>

</TD>
<TD>
<SELECT CLASS=&quot;searchBut&quot; MULTIPLE NAME=&quot;broker&quot; SIZE=&quot;4&quot;>
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;123550&quot;>Admin Help
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;128605&quot;>Builder Documentation
<OPTION SELECTED VALUE=&quot;2245&quot;>Enterprise
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;2249&quot;>Enterprise [All Versions]
<OPTION VALUE=&quot;133788&quot;>Help
</SELECT>
</TD>
</TR>
<B>Output Options</B>
</FONT>
</TD>
</TR>

<TR>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
<INPUT TYPE=&quot;HIDDEN&quot; NAME=&quot;outputformat&quot; VALUE=&quot;FOO&quot;>

<INPUT TYPE=&quot;RADIO&quot; NAME=&quot;rawresultsradio&quot; VALUE=&quot;0&quot; CHECKED ONCLICK=&quot;this.form.outputformat.value='Foo'&quot; > Normal
<BR>
<INPUT TYPE=&quot;RADIO&quot; NAME=&quot;rawresultsradio&quot; VALUE=&quot;1&quot; ONCLICK=&quot;this.form.outputformat.value='htmlbody'&quot;> Raw Results 
<BR>
<INPUT TYPE=&quot;RADIO&quot; NAME=&quot;rawresultsradio&quot; VALUE=&quot;2&quot; ONCLICK=&quot;this.form.outputformat.value='xml'&quot;> XML Results 
</TD>
</TR>
<B>Action</B>
</FONT>
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>

<INPUT TYPE=&quot;SUBMIT&quot; Value=&quot;Search&quot;>
<BR>
</FORM>

THAT WAS A GR8 HELP!!! hopefully it shud solve all my problems.. THANKS A TON!!!!!!!! i will get back to u if i face any other problem..

Please see the faq area, I have posted a new version of this file there and it includes the NLQ/Aware support ( real cool feature )

I made a test page that submitted as form elements the same paramaters that you were trying to pass in the query string and it works fine. I think you have the parameters right, but I suspect that Livelink may simply require a form post rather than a get.

If you absolutely must implement this through url parameters, you might try building a server-side page (like an ASP page) which converts the url parameters into form fields and does an automatic submit on load. Otherwise, I would make my interface through a form submittal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back