Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simulated phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIgerV

Instructor
Mar 19, 2006
US
Hang with me, please, and try not to laugh.

I have an analog hotline established.

On another note, I have a normally open circuit that closes when temperatures in the room reach above 80 degrees.

Does anyone have a schematic for a device so that when the contact closes, I can simulate taking the phone off hook, thereby dialing the hotline?

It's like a simulated telephone.

Or- are there any ports on the Hipath that could trigger dialing a number on contact closure?

TV

TIger

Basic electronics guess, try a 600ohm resister inline with the closure and connect it to the hot line. ????? Might work[smile]

If its not working, get a bigger hammer!

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

I read that somewhere else. I tried a 900ohm, and the resister got hot quickly. Would going with a 300 ohm maybe be better?

TIger

Wire one leg of the hotline extension cable through the contact closure of the circuit, so that when the contact does close then the circuit is made (leave the phone off the hook all the time)

Just get one of those Radio Shack dialers. Connect your contacts to the NO port on the device. When the contacts close it will trigger the dialer to go off-hook. Don't enter a number - let the hotdest do the work.

I use them for our Dialysis water equipment to notify when the circulation pumps go offline. I haven't bought one in years, but the one that's there has worked great forever. I believe I also used to have one on the fire alarm system in that building, but that has been upgraded to a real dialer now.

Hi,

If the resistor is getting hot you just need a higher wattage resister, try 5W, you could also go up to 1K which will still trigger the line but draw less current. Using the power formula, V squared divided by R, with 50v and 1000ohm you are looking at 2.5W.

C64

Don- I was looking for a dialer I could connect to, I don't think they have them any more. :-(

TIger

I found one on amazon.

TIger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back