Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simulate mouse over a window in another application 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaneDuru

Technical User
Jul 15, 2002
RO
I need to simulate the mouse over a window of another application. I mean to trigger Mouse Move event... When I manually move the mouse over that specific window another window appears. I can determine the handle of that specific window, I know its X and Y, Top and Bottom positions and I can set the mouse cursor exactly over the area where it should be moved but I CAN NOT MOVE IT...
The code I use is VBA for Corel X5 that's why do not post it here... I try to pragmatically insert a new menu. I was able to do:
' Find main window handle using FindWindow(vbNullString, AppTitle), AppTitle = "CorelDRAW X5 - [" & ActiveDocument.FilePath & ActiveDocument.Name & "]"
' Find menu handle allocated dynamically but having the parent window handle (obtained using Spy++). Menu handle using FindWindowEx
' Simulate mouse right click SendMessage(Menu, BM_CLICK, 0, 0) for Press and SendMessage(Menu, RBM_UP, 0, 0) for Up .
' The window which appears at mouse right click receives a dynamic handle but respecting some rule for its class. Based on that I am able to obtain its handle. Based on that I am able to put mouse cursor on it (using SetCursorPos).

Now I need to move the mouse cursor over that window in order to trigger the Mouse Move event. Can anybody guide me in the right direction? Until now I tried 'mouse-event' API but I think is something which I do wrong and mouse cursor goes in the upper left corner of the screen...

Thanks in advance!

Solved...
I looped 10 times through the sequence of SetCursorPos. I tried that before posting but now I added DoEvents.
Code:
Dim i As Long
    For i = 1 To 10
        SetCursorPos ContextMenuInfo(2) - (30 + i), ContextMenuInfo(4) + 15 
        DoEvents
    Next
ContextMenuInfo(2) keeps window rightX in twips
ContextMenuInfo(4) keeps window topY in twips

>I tried 'mouse-event' API but I think is something which I do wrong and mouse cursor goes in the upper left corner of the screen

Perhaps a glance at my code in thread222-1342585 might help for that

Thanks Strongm! Nice piece of code. But I usually use SendMessage API to maipulate mouse cursor, click etc. I thought that mouse-move is able to 'move' the cursor not to bring it in a specific position. On my taste, SetCursorPos is a little easyer to use... I found the problem in my 'mouse_move' code (I had already the screen in twips and I wrongly did the transformation from pixels...).
I needed a real 'move' over the window in order to trriger the Mouse Move evend. I succeeded doing that setting some diferent cursor positions on the window area but using DoEVents between each move...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back