Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simply Interactivity Actionscript Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayco

Technical User
Jul 25, 2007
US
As for a little introduction on my part, the prompt where I stated "TechnicalUser" should have been "Really Bad Newbie". =/ It's true, I suck. I'm not really sure if this is the right forum on the boards to go for this type of question, but here it goes:

I'm making a website and decided to learn Flash. I have an image (drawn in Flash) that I want to have interactivity with, i.e. the actual image will be my menu, and I want each button (it's a tie, such each stripe) to have a particular highlighting animation. Then, after the highlighting animation, I want a separate animation when you click on it (the tie rolls up and reveals the content of the button).

So, I've made all of the necesarry animations (the highlighting and the content transition) I'm just a little befuddled as to how I incorporate all of this to make it work. o_o I'm a little overwhelmed, to be honest. My question, I guess, is where I can find tutorials that deal specifically with these type of Actionscripts? It would be fantastic, as well, if someone could tell me what kind of steps I'd have to do in order to connect everything.

Something tells me I'm going to be on here a lot. >_> Thanks ahead of time for anyone who takes their time to answer this.

--Jake

I have each thing as an individual file -- one file for the tie drawing, one file for the highlighting sequence, and one file for the other movie. Do you want me to host all three .fla's?

It sounds like you should sepearate each picture you want to be a button. Then you will be able to place them next to each other like it is one image and each one can function as a button if you make them that type of symbol.

Maria Santella
Technical Sales Engineer

Ahh, thanks a lot guys for your responses. :) Before I host the .fla files, is it possible to use any .gif animation for a Flash animation? The reason I ask this is because I've made animations in Paint Shop Pro and would like to use those instead. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back