Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simply establishing a connection to an Access database

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgulic

Technical User
Sep 18, 2001
US
I am attempting to create a web from end for my database but when I drag the recordset DTC over to the ASP or html page my database connection does not show up. I have created a DSN connection to the Access db (which is in C:\ BTW) through the ODBC manager.

It is totally bizarre to me. I am not a web developer but I am very familiar with the way M$ products work. I have not been able to find any information that can help in numerous books.

Please help.

Find the global.asa file in the root of your web. Right click it and add the db connection there - i.e. select the ODBC driver and select your DSN name.

Make sure the web server also has the DSN name registered - and that it has a local copy of the MDB file. It usually has permissions problems if the MDB is on a network share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back