Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

simply accounting pro 9.0. Importing and A/P

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdnrockies

Technical User
Nov 28, 2002
CA
I am looking at this software and I have two questions.

1) Importing G/L entries. Tried a few different things following their guidelines 04-01-00,"abc","This is a test"
2300,-180.00
but it won't accept it. I'd like to be able to import from a spreadsheet and actually have a format more like ACCPAC, where there is 1 line per g/l record. Any hints???

2) In Pro 9.0, I've removed as many fields from the invoice screen as I can but I still am looking for fewer keystrokes(especially tabing through all the tax/discount crap). Is there any quick entry features.

Also,(I have got the trial version), I see it's not really a batch system. Any other overall comments would be appreciated.

I'm not a simply expert. Other than calling Tech $upport your question may be best answered in under the section "Simply Accounting".

I wouldn't consider Simply a batch orientated system. For the best double-entry, batch orientated systems supporting hundreds of users look to ACCPAC Plus (text based) or ACCPAC Advantage (graphics based).

The benefit of ACCPAC Plus is the 20 years of rock solid design and the hundreds of verticals and add-ons. The benefit of ACCPAC Advantage is leading edge technologies such as Unix, Oracle, MS SQL, Pervasive SQL, VBA, Excel, etc. Leading edge is some times mocked as "bleeding edge" because of the high cost and extraordinary amount of time spent debugging and fine tuning. The benefit of Simply is spending a $200 - $1,000 vs. Plus $10,000 to $20,0000 vs. Advantage $20,000 to $100,000. The costs aren't absolute, just an average.

In all 3 environments you have the same learning issues (ie Enter Invoice, Post Invoice, Enter payment, Post payment).

Hope this is of some help,

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back