Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SimpleSPIException 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbsnole

MIS
Jun 25, 2002
US
This is going to be a difficult one. When adding an LDAP Server object, I get an error after clicking OK. The error says, "com.novell.admin.common.exceptions.SimpleSPIException: Unknown meaning for error number null; Please call a Novell support provider"

I don't want to pay for this error. If any of you know anything about this or can point me in a direction where I can find help, it would be most appreciated.

Go to Support.novell.com and search for TID 10067327. This may get you pointed in the right (free) direction. Tim Benton
CNE(4&5),MCP
Studying for CNE6 and MCSA

Where are you running ConsoleOne from? Do you have all of the LDAP snapins installed? Is inldap.nlm loaded? Run 'modules inldap' from the console.

ChrisP If someone resolves an issue for you, or was helpful, please click the link on the bottom left hand corner of their post to give them a "star" letting them know they helped you.

I just need to ask why you're adding an LDAP server object to begin with. If you're running LDAP on your server (most do as a default), you don't really need to worry about a server object showing that you're running it. ConsoleOne and NWAdmin32 can both cause errors when adding objects that don't need to be added. I would check to see if it added the object, try to delete it if it did...then read some documentation on whatever it is you were trying to accomplish when you added it. I hope that helps... I found all kinds of issues in the early testing phases of NW6 just like what you're talking about. Especially with adding server objects and what not.

One more thing, if you're trying to add a server object, you must have the root admin account because it has to extend the schema to add a new server. This is why it's tough to just add the LDAP server object. You must make this change to NDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back