Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple VSS problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteG

Programmer
Feb 23, 2001
GB
Hi,
I don't use VSS every day and, consequently, am not particularly up with all of the functionality that it has.

I do use WinCVS and there are a couple of functions that I really would expect to be able to do in VSS but just can't see how:
1- Check out a version other than the latest. In particular, I set a lot of version labels but can't see how to 'get' an older version using its' label. Maybe its possible via some command line but surely the gui should have a simple way of doing it?
2- It is simple to compare my local version to the latest in VSS but what if I want to compare the latest in VSS to some previous version in VSS. Again, I'd expect to be able to pick two different version labels and compare those but I can't do that.

Am I missing some obvious ways of carrying these out?

Thanks.

Use Show History within sourcesafe. You can Get a specfic version or if you select 2 versions of the source it will allow you to do a diff.

Hope this helps,

Hammy.

That's great, thanks very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back