Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

simple voice chat over internet 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keen78

Programmer
Dec 20, 2002
PK
hi

i want to make a simple voice chat program over internet. i had worked with sockets. please tell me from where i have to start. kindly give me some initial guidline.

thanx
Keen

Hello,
I m a computer science student
I also made a socket based LAN chat application in Java .
i want to add voice functionality in it . Please help me how to do this ..
zanix_786@hotmail.com

Search Google , because those question are very very broad If the solution is out there, let us know it was helpful, so others can benefit from it as well..

Search Microsoft MSDN's site for RTC (Real Time Chat) components. You should find SDKs to help you along the way. The examples are mostly done in C or C++.

hey,i need help with voice chat in JAVA too.help pls...

hi!i have problem about chat over internet. i used "yahoo messenger". when he say to me, i hear him. but when i talk, he don't hear.i checked my system, microphone . i saw, my microphone is good, but in system. i saw not have function "wave device for voice moderm". so i think that is the reason why he don't hear me talking.can you help me?now i need how to make it good.thanks a lot.bye

I want to make aplication for voice transfer over the internet.

Another good resource is Open 323. They are shareware apps that include an SDK. Many additions and customizable components. Good start for building flexiblE APPS. They are available on most platforms and still under much development.

Good Luck!

hello,
I need to create a voice chat application, can anybody help me with some code?
thank you
mac
wernoch_ich@hotmail.com, wernoch_ich@yahoo.com

mac, please do not post question in other threads, that is confusing.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back