Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

simple random questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

supervi

MIS
Mar 22, 2003
CA

I want to try and catch an error. I know i have to use the "on error" box to capture errors.

Does anyone know the error number for this error

You are about to delete ___ number of record(s). If you click yes....

I have VB code that automatically opens excel. After it opens excel, i want it to open a blank sheet and then paste.
Don't worry about what its gonna paste all i need it to do is just paste.

3. I have data that gets copied into a subform. I want some of this data to be BOLDED ( you know dark and black). Is their a way that i paste something into a subform field and then bold it? I guess an extension of this would be can i highlight a field to?

Thanks in advance

1. That is not a trappable error. That is an internal Access warning, which can be turned on or off by using the oCmd.SetWarnings True/False

2. Do you help in creating a blank work sheet, or help with the Paste?

3. Take a look at ConditionalFormatting which is what'll need for formatting subforms.

Good Luck
--------------
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Hey thanks I got number 1 working

I just need the VB code that opens up a blank worksheet. I allready have vb code that opens excel

Dim oApp As Object

Set oApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
oApp.Visible = True
'Only XL 97 supports UserControl Property
On Error Resume Next
oApp.UserControl = True

****part not working
----
OApp.Workbooks.Open A blank excel sheet please
--

****part not working

I think it would look something like that
Thanks for the help

Hey i got a blank excel sheet to open..

problem sorta solved

thanks

Was just about to post some code for creating a new workbook and/or new workshett, but I see that may be un-necessary.

What do you mean by "problem sorta solved"?

Good Luck
--------------
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back