Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple Question on multiple inboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSR63

MIS
Nov 4, 2004
US
Sorry I have to inquire -
in Outlook 2000 I could have a user open multiple inboxes they had permissions to. Example - an executive assistant couild view both her inbox and her VP

In Outlook 2003 - I can open the other inbox but can not view them together (not Simultaneously) but within the left panel where mailbox, calendar etc..is viewed.

So if a new email came to the alternate box - a user could tell because it's bold and switch inboxes to read the mail.

I can't seem to enable this feature on 2003 -- any suggestions

click the "folder list" icon near the bottom left of the outlook window.

Actually - that is the first place I looked.
I can open the alternate inbox but to the left pane I see only my inbox, contacts, .pst file and public folders - not the "Info" mailbox I am viewing.

Weird - because I did this all the time in outlook 2000

Are you adding the mailbox via Tools/Email Accounts, or are you doing a File/Open/Other User's folder? The latter method will not show the mailbox in the folder list.

Thanks - I was using File/Open..

I configured it via Tools and finally do see the mailbox but am unable to expand or view it.

I delegated permissions and have given myself full access to that user's folder.

Username "info" for our web page contact.

Can't think of any other place I need to configure permissions - humm

right click on the user's main mailbox heading and go to to Properties. Then check the permissions tab and make sure you're account is listed with access. Then do the same thing for all the folders in that user's mailbox you need access to.

Super!! That did the job - thanks :)

Have a great weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back