Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple question about logging out of split

Status
Not open for further replies.

avayaman

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
CA
I have a simple acd queue going in (non EAS). The customer has asked a question I don't know the answer to. If the last agent manning the split tries to log out while there are still calls waiting, I believe they are unable to do so. The question is, if they go through the log out proceedure anyway, will this prevent other calls entering the queue while they are handling the remaining calls. The calls will be re routed off net via a &quot;route to number if staffed agents < 1&quot; type line in the Vector when the Q is closed. Paul Beddows
Avaya Implementation
Telus
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail via

This is just my thoughts. I haven't tested this at all...

I don't think the system will restrict the user from logging out of the system. Any calls in queue would remain in queue until the caller disconnects or is routed alternativly (via vector commands).

I could be wrong...

sjforcum is correct that the system will not restrict anyone from logging off the system even if calls are in queue and that if a call enters a queue it will remain there until the person hangs up or it hits a step in the vector telling it to do something else. Here is something you could do....

a normal vector does something like

4 - Queue to split 1
5 - announcement 3507 (agents busy)
6 - wait 60 seconds hearing music
7 - go to step 5 unconditionally

What you do is add

4 - Queue to split 1
5 - announcement 3507
6 - wait 60 seconds hearing music
7 - go to step 9 if staffed agents in split 1 > 1
8 - go to step 5 unconditionally
9 - Route to number xxxx unconditionally

This ensures that if at anytime there is a call in queue and there are no agents it will route to the off site number.

Hope this helps,

Cathy

Cathy's right except for the typo in Step 7, should read:
7 - go to step 9 if staffed agents in split 1 < 1
less than (<) not greater than (>).

...and I would loop back to step 4 to include the Queue to step. This ensures that calls attempt to Queue again so they are not giong to be stuck in an infinite loop if the Queue to step failed (which does happen). The calls will not be Queue'd more than once.
Ronster

Thanks, I have a total mental block with those stupid signs.....usually the way I know I have it right is the system will tell me if it is invalid. I usually get around the queue to problem is by making the queue larger that the number of inbound trunks.

Cathy

L is for <ess than!

Hope this helps Cathy. Ronster

Instead of doing an automatic route, I let the call sit in queue for 90 seconds, then I prompt the caller to dump to a voice mailbox or stay in queue.

This way covers shift changes. In case shift A all logs out at once before shift B logs in, the above vector will pull the customer away from the queue, even though they might have been helped within a few seconds....

Thanks, I guess thats the only answer. I am going to front end it with a dummy queue & put a hunt-ns key for it on it on 4 of the sets,(as it happens there are only 4 agents) so agents can prevent new calls from entering 10 minutes or so before quiting time. Paul Beddows
Avaya Implementation
Telus
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail via

Hold on Paul,

I now understand what you're trying to do.

4 - Queue to split 1
5 - announcement 3507
6 - wait 20 seconds hearing music
7 - go to step 9 if time-of-day is all 17:30
8 - go to step 4 unconditionally
9 - disconnect after announcement xxxx

This will go to an out-of-hours message after closing even for callers who are already in the queue.

Ronster

OK, what about:

4 - Queue to split 1
5 - announcement 3507
6 - wait 20 seconds hearing music
7 - go to step 9 if staffed agents in split 88 > 0
8 - go to step 4 unconditionally
9 - disconnect after announcement xxxx

Team Manager logs into skill 88 when ready to close! Ronster

That works, I've done it before for emergency shutdown. Its odd that Avaya doesn't have a function for programming a key to put a split into nights. The Nortel Meridian switch does. The problem with the checking for a login in is that it uses up 3 keys on a set, unless you want the hassle of using feature codes. One for login, one for logout and an aux-work to show the state. Paul Beddows
Avaya Implementation
Telus
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail via

What type of set are you using? I'm using a 6408 for this (and other) purposes. I just programmed the login & logout on the softkeys.

I'm using 6416 sets. Never thought of using the softkeys, not a bad idea. Still want an aux work key so I can see when the Queue is logged in. I'm still wondering if a dummy (non acd Q) in front is best(the coverage path could point to the VDN accessing the main Q and the night destination to the off site number). Coverage tone is disabled sytem wide, so they would not hear that. Wondering what effect that might have on BCMS stats though. Paul Beddows
Avaya Implementation
Telus
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail via

You don't need a auxwork button if you use VuStats (although I personally think the one button is a better option). You could program a VuStats command onto a soft key (I never use them unless it's something like this that I'm trying to hide). The agents can press the VuStats softkey and the screen on their phones can display what state the number of staffed agents....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back