Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple Procedure Calls Fail....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Programmer
Jun 4, 2000
US
Guys for MONTHS now MONTHS ive been trying to call MSSQL Stored procedures with my Webserver and i cannot accomplish this...I am running Windows 2000 Advance Server SP2....If i place this same ASP Page on my NT4 Server box it works fine any ideas???!?! I am so lost and furious about the while situation....I reinstalled the whole OS, Reapplied MDAC it still fails...Here is a copy of my SP and ASP call anyone see anything wrong??

Stored Procedure
-----------------------------------
ALTER PROCEDURE LISTCONBYLOC @LocId int,@LocationName as varchar(200) output AS

select * from consultants where approved=1 and city=@LocId
SELECT @LocationName = (SELECT CITY FROM CITIES WHERE [ID]=@LocId)

GO

ASP Page Call
------------------------------------
LocId=64
Set oCommand = Server.Createobject("Adodb.Command")
oCommand.ActiveConnection=oConn
oCommand.CommandType=adCmdStoredProc
'oCommand.CommandText = "LISTCONBYLOC"
Set param = oCommand.CreateParameter("@LocId", AdInteger, adParamInput, 15, LocId)
oCommand.Parameters.Append(param)
Set param = oCommand.CreateParameter("@LocationName", AdVarchar, adParamOutput, 200, "")
oCommand("@LocId") = LocId
oCommand("@LocationName") = "s"
set rsConsultants = oCommand.Execute()

(Keep in mind i tried diffrent ways of calling this procedure also, I read 3 diffrent ways on the MS website area)

Here is the error i recieve....

Syntax error or access violation

/ConsultantsByLoc.asp, line 19

Line 19 is the .Execute line.

Also when i run this procedure via Query Analyzer i get back 2 rows of data.

Thanking you in advance,
Gordon

PLEASEEEEE HELPPPPP!!!!!! :0)

Gordon R. Durgha
gd@vslink.net

Hi there

I know you've mentioned that you've tried running this in a number of different ways,but here are a couple of comments:

i) I think that the length of @LocID should be defined as 4 rather than 15,i.e. it's a 32 bit integer.

ii) You are creating the @LocationName parameter but do not appear to be adding it to the parameters collection.

iii)At the risk of stating the obvious, Line 13, 'oCommand.CommandText = "LISTCONBYLOC" is commented out

The path to freedom is seldom trodden by the multitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back