Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple Image Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cre8ivDesign

Technical User
Apr 15, 2001
CA
Hi,

I am looking for a basic Image Gallery Script with a basic admin area so that the user can upload their own photos. The ones I have found are either too complex...such as Gallery ( Coppermine ( and the like...these ones are required to have a main gallery or main galleries, with sub galleries or albums......what I am looking for is something that does not require me to have multiple galleries.....when the user loads the page they see multiple images. Some of the other ones I have seen are getting closer, however no basic admin area for image uploads: - even this one requires a gallery within a gallery.

I hope I'm making some sense, but if anyone can understand what I'm looking for and can provide some assistance or know of some good "installable scripts" that would be great.

PS: This site I am trying to "simplify" is:
If you go to the gallery section you'll see all the images...these are just placed in a basic HTML table with a script to have larger popup. Right now when I add images to this site, I have to create the thumbnails as well as the large images and then create a new page so that they can be at the fron of the current ones...then everything else shifts from page to page as needed.....I know this can be simplifed if I can find the right script......if it means doing this page over or using a template for the gallery I will....I just want something that can simplfy this. I know my server has tha latest PHP, MySql as well as the GD / ImageMagik that allows for thumbails.......

Please help!!!

Keep in mind I am a designer, so the easier the better....I'm not as Code Savvy as alot of you folks out there. :)

search this very forum, its been done, amended , re-done and explained.

Hi, I have seacrhed through some of the postings already posted here and unfortunately they either deal with just code - no admin area - or people recommend the galleries in which I have already tried such as Gallery, Coppermine etc. I'm looking for a basic version of these without having to use galleries, sub-galleries / albums that have an small admin area for uploading / removing images.

Thanks

To the best of my knowledge, the subgalleries in Gallery are an optional feature that is made available to you, not something you are required to use.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions! TANSTAAFL!

I'll try resinstalling one of those again and check the admin area for settings that will allow me to do this. I'll post back in a day or so and let you know how I make out. Thanks

You could also put a link on your main page that will send you directly into the subgallery without stopping at the gallery level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back