Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple Formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

faush

MIS
Mar 6, 2001
US
I need a formula, that I think should be simple, but can't figure out how to say it.

I need the formula to display a dollar amount if a member currently does not belong to a particular section, thereby giving them an option to join that section. If they are a member of it, then I don't want anything displayed. (I'm already suppressing if it's = 0).

RNWWRK.DDBILC file is the file/field where it checks to see if they are a current section member ("HLTH"). It then has to get that corresponding amount for that section from the DUECOD.DCDUES file.

Using the formula:

{RNWWRK.DDBILC} <> &quot;HLTH&quot; then {DUECOD.DCDUES}

just displays other section amounts. I need it to display the &quot;HLTH&quot; section amount.

I'm thinking if it's <> &quot;HLTH&quot; I have to then tell it that DUECOD.DCDBIL = &quot;HLTH&quot; so it picks up the correct amount from DUECOD.DCDUES and displays it. And that's where I'm not clear on how to say it.

I have two tables, with an equal join between DUECOD.DCDBIL and RNWWRK.DDBILC since they both hold the same section codes (&quot;HLTH&quot;, etc) I'm checking against.

Thanks.

It sounds like a linking issue. How exactly are your tables linked - do you also link on member id?

I only have one link: from table/field RNWWRK.DDBILC to DUECOD.DCDBIL. It is an equal join. Those are the only tables I have.

The member ID is not used for linking, as it only exists in the RNWWRK file.

Does that help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back