Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

simple for most..How do you get from listbox to form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevergiveup01

Programmer
Nov 18, 2008
US
Here is the scenerio.. I want a customer to find their name and address in lets say a listbox and when they select it their customerID will go in a new form.. After their customerID is in the new form they can finish typing in the other fields in the form and then insert into the SQL table.. The two tables involved are called.. tblCustomer and tblServiceQuote..

I'm very new to ASP.net so I need this as simple as you can provide it..If you tell me I need to do some kind of event I need to know if I should do it in VB or in Javascript.. If I need to write a query where do I write it? What do I name my controls?

Sorry but I'm so new I no very little..Thanks

WOW... you are asking alot. There is way too much to help you with here. What you need to do is get an intro book for asp.net and sql. Start your page and post back with questions you have.

I have books and I have gotten to a certain point but can't get any further...see my post titled gridview row command...

I know SQL very well. I'm a DBA.. I'm very new to ASP.net and know very little although I am taking a class that only meetis once a week so based om my teachers recommendation I attempt to see if other programmers will help..

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back