Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple Excel question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazman99

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2001
US
Hello everyone, I am really irritated b/c I have a simple Excel question...and I know the answer is hidden in my head somewhere!

Anyways, how do you lock or freeze 2 columns or 2 rows when you are scrolling through the excel worksheet. I know how lock rows and columns for printing, but how to lock just when scrolling through the worksheet??

Thanks in advance!!!! :)

select the 'split box' (top of vertical scroll bar or right of the horizontal scroll bar). the cursor will turn into double vertical bars with horizontal arrows when you're on it. click and drag it to where you want. then go to window menu and select freeze panes.

Thank You so much Scat!!! Finding the answer was like finding a word that "just escaped me" with a Brain freeze.

Have a good day!! :)

Another (quicker) option is to select the cell that is the intersection one row below and one column to the right of the row and column you want to freeze, and then select freeze panes on the window menu. ie. to freeze row 1&2 and column A&B select cell c3.

Dawn

dawnd3
that's neat. as with most things excel, there's always a better way. thanks.
scat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back