Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple Delphi environment/editor question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediDan

Programmer
May 15, 2002
US
Hi there,

This one should be fairly easy: When I start Delphi, and open a project, I want all of the units that are in the project to open automatically. So, in the code editor, I would have all the tabs across the top of the window, without having to load them manually from the Project Manager.

Is this possible? It would save me a meaningful amount of time.

Also, is there a way to make the code editor window always stay a certain size, so I don't have to enlarge it every single time I open Delphi?

Thanks for any help!

Tools\Environment options\Preferences tab\Desktop contents, check Desktop only. You can also check Project desktop in Autosave options.
Hope that helps.

--- markus

As to the code editor window size:

Set up windows the size you want, then go View | Desktops | Save Desktop... Give it a name, click Save, and Delphi will now remember your settings. -- Doug Burbidge mailto:dougburbidge@yahoo.com

Quick-tip to open all units in a project:
Press Ctrl+F12, select all units in the list and press OK.
--
Robert

Another quick tip: press F1 and type "editor keyboard shortcuts".

--- markus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back