Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple Dashboards???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredhmr

Technical User
Jan 27, 2005
US
I want to use plain bar charts but I want the color to change from red to yellow to green as the number increases. For example, if a rep made 15 calls that day then the bar would go slightly up and it would be RED. If the rep mad 30 calls then the bar would of course go up a little higher and it would become YELLOW. If ther rep made 45 calls or more then the bar would of course go up higher and become GREEN.

Is this possible? If so, how do I do it?

Hi,

Make additional columns or rows in your source data, one for each color. Use formulas to control when to display the value.

Copy these columns or rows, select your chart, Edit/Paste Special to add the new series, delete the ORIGINAL series with all the data, format each series with desired colord.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red] Researchers have found another Descartes trueism, "Cogito ergo spud."
"I think; therefore, I YAM!
[tongue][/sub]

This can be done with 3 formulas and a chart.

Assume your names are in A3:A10
Assume your sales are in B3:B10

Creater a table that kinks to this data by putting names again in say D3:D10 (use links if you want the names to change automatically)

Lets assume the breaks were 30 (RED), 70 (YELLOW) and above 70 is (GREEN)

In E3 put =MIN(B3,30)
In F3 put =MIN(B3,70)-E3
In G3 put =MAX(0,B3-SUM(E3:F3))

Copy E3:G3 down to E10:G10

Select D3:G10 and hit the chart button and choose a stacked bar graph. Now clear the legend and then just format the colours accordingly, which you will only have to do once.

You really hedged your bets didn't you ;-)

TekTips / Mr Excel / MS Newsgroups

Regards
Ken...........

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[peace]It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission[2thumbsup]
---------------- Click here to help the tsunami victims ----------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back