Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple (?) CFSchedule Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcg

Technical User
Jun 30, 2000
GB
When configuring the CFSCHEDULE Tag 'task' is a required parameter. This task presumably calls the actual process for CF to follow however I am not sure where the task should exist (ie on a normal CF page) or how it should be defined.
This will all be done without access to the CF amdinistration tool.

Any help? [sig][/sig]

Hi,

The tag "Task" is just the name of whatever u want to call. The URL is the one that ur html or cfm file will be called (or do ur work). The File is the name of the result page (after cf file activate, the result will be published there). CFschedule will be done w/o accesss CF admin.

I hope this help :)
[sig]<p>GH ((-:<br><a href=mailto:giahan@hotmail.com>giahan@hotmail.com</a><br>(-:[/sig]

GH

I'm p[orbably being particularlty thick tioday so apologies and bear with me.
I have a page with the CFSCHEDULE:
<CFSCHEDULE action=&quot;RUN&quot;
task=&quot;DisableUsers&quot;
URL=&quot; interval=30>
and nothing else.
The URL called rw_schedule2 contains the insert command:
<CFQUERY name=&quot;DisableUsers&quot; datasource=&quot;REPweb&quot; dbtype=&quot;ODBC&quot;>
INSERT INTO UserChangeLog ([UserID])
SELECT 12308
FROM UserChangeLog
</CFQUERY>

however nothing is happening, where am I going wrong!
Thanks for your patience. [sig][/sig]

Hi,

ur SQL statement seems not right.
&quot;INSERT INTO table(field1,...)
VALUES ('123123123',....)
WHERE urfilter
[sig]<p>GH ((-:<br><a href=mailto:giahan@hotmail.com>giahan@hotmail.com</a><br>(-:[/sig]

GH
Sorry to be a pain. The SQL is working fine if I manually load the page rw_schedule2.cfm, however it will not run automatically with the CFSCHEDULE.
I'm missing something basic I know but if you can help agian I would appreciate it.
Thanks
jmcg [sig][/sig]

Hi,

U miss the &quot;&quot; in the interval
It should be:
interval=&quot;300&quot;

(if u want 30s)

I hope this work for you

GH
Still can't get it working, thanks for your efforts.

If nyone has a working CFSCHEDULE can they email (jmcg@bigfoot.com) me all the relevant cfm pages.
Ta
[sig][/sig]

i am using unix running sun solaris with coldfusion

thinking of using the crontab provided by the OS. could anyone please come up with a script for me.

i was told that there need to be a script file, with the PATH_TRANSLATED environment set.

Besides that, to call the execute file that resiedes in the /opt/coldfusion/webserver/cgi/cfml

how do I actually create this script. then how do i activate the crontab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back