Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple Auto Attendant Setup - Embedded Voicemail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robrichtx

MIS
May 20, 2012
US
Good Morning -

Quick question on Auto Attendant. Customer has a hunt group where all calls come in, ring HG10, then get answered by the HG mailbox during the day.

At night - I need the AA to come on, answer the calls (working). The problem is that after the AA greeting, the caller is directed to the HG, causing a ringing scenario. I want the caller to go directly from the AA to the HG Mailbox instead, without ringing.

I've check through the Embedded Voicemail document, but can't seem to find anything regarding this.

Thanks in Advance -

Rob

you can create a second auto attendant with off time profile and set maximum inactiviy to 1 sec and add an extension from that hunt group in fallback extension in the incoming call route

APSS
ACIS
ACSS

krooney had it almost right. I would put a direct voicemail leave shortcode as the fallback.

#XXXX
VoicemailCollect
"#"N

So in the fallback of the night incoming call route, put #1200 (or whatever your extension number is for the HG).
You could set each menu option to transfer to #1200 as well in case they press a digit while listening to the annoucement. You'll get an error saying that it is not a user or HG, but its okay.

Of course, you could always just make a "Night" huntgroup with the announcement with a 1 second voicemail answer time. Put HNightGroup in the reception/whoever source number so they could check those messages with vvm.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

create a shortcode :
sc = *99
tn = #"HG10"
action = Voicemail Collect
Line ID = 0

Make a timeprofile valid for out of hours named HG10_OOH
In ICR the default destination = HG10
Add the time profile and set *99 as the destination
Don't forget to spaek a announcement for the mailbox of group HG10.

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back