Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[simple? & frustrating] OSX Linker error....

Status
Not open for further replies.

theEclipse

Programmer
Dec 27, 1999
US
I am new-ish to programing on a posix system and trying to compile some simple opengl apps that I wrote on a windows system in college a few years ago. The code is simple and has no OS calls that ogl doesn't handle. When compiling, I get this:
Code:
Basileus:gl project robertcarpenter$ g++ -L /System/Library/Frameworks/GLUT.framework/GLUT -L /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework teapot.cpp
ld: in /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework, can't map file, errno=22
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I am sure that the OpenGL.framework is the correct location...but it is still quitting on me. The code works...I put it in an xcode project and it runs fine. The includes section of my .cpp file is:
Code:
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <GLUT/glut.h>

I know I am making progress and am probably right on the edge of nailing it, but I can't seem to figure out this last part. It doesn't help that nobody writes their osx code outside of xcode, and thus the web is nearly empty. If you have any tips, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Robert Carpenter
Remember....eternity is much longer than this ~80 years we will spend roaming this earth.
ô¿ô

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back