Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple Access question (I think!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaPluma

Programmer
Feb 3, 2002
DE
Hello

I would be grateful for some advice on MS Access databases.

I have an Access DB file (NWind) created in MS Access 97. When I create an interface in VB6 and try to connect to the DB using Databasename and Recordsource in VB6 Properties, there is no problem with connecting.

However, when I create a completely new DB in Access 2000 (I have upgraded from 97) and try to connect in the same way (again, using the same VB6), an error message gives me an 'Unrecognised' message.

I cannot imagine what might be causing this problem (Access 97 or 2000!), but would be grateful for any advice about overcoming it.

Thank you and best wishes.

Are you using ado or dao?
The database code is backwards compatible, what works on Access 2000 will work on 97 and 2, but not the other way.
Does dao work with Access 2k? I'm not sure, but for ADO and Access 2k, in the conenction string you should have
Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 Peter Meachem
peter@accuflight.com

hello,
even with the in-built crystal report 7 in Visual Basic 6, the connectivity of the report from the Access Database is well compatible with Access 97 databases, not with Access 2000.

can u suggest anything regarding this problem ?

hi
how r u?i have faced lot of trouble in conneting vb6 with access 2000.but at the same time it works with Access97.also crystal reports dont support Access 2000.
I say thus bug.

i have Acceess 2000 and want crystal reports what i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back