Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simphony - SIM Interface how to connect to Database?

mvelazquez

Technical User
Mar 14, 2015
MX
Currently we work with RES 3700 and we have a SIM Interface that connects to the database to verify the employee's cash sale.

Migrating to Simphony, I would like to know the recommended way to connect to the Database. I understand that development can be done with .NET but I would like to know if it can be done from the SIM File to consult the Sale in cash or a Specific Tender Media. In this case it would be the CAPS CheckPostingDB database.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Thank you very much for your answer. By any chance do you know of any manual that documents this variable a little more?

I searched and found this in the manual:
Oracle® MICROS Simphony
System Interface Module (SIM) Manual
Release 19.2.x
F32376-05

DATASTORE
Description
This system variable contains the .net object reference to the extensibility datastore.
7-28 ISL System Variables
Type/Size
object
Syntax
@DataStore
Remarks
• This system variable is Read-Only.
Please consult the .net extensibility documentation for methods and properties
available on this object.

From what I understand it has to do with extensibility in .net

On the other hand, I looked for more about the variable in this forum and codes like these caught my attention:

html = @DataStore.ReadExtensionApplicationContentTextByNameKey( @OpsContext.RvcID, @ApplicationName, "html" )
dbObject = @DataStore.ReadTenderMediaByNum(tmednum)
extDataVal = @DataStore.ReadExtensionDataValue("TENDER_MEDIA", DataExtName, dbObject.TendMedID.Value)

or

var ItemizerNames : object = new System.Collections.ArrayList()
var DiscountItemizersObj : object = @DataStore.ReadPropertyDescriptors().DiscountItemizers

So I would like to see what methods can be executed.

Sure, my email is issamich@hotmail.com

Thanks!!!

@
can you give me a email? i send all method to you.

Now reviewing the topics I realize that I didn't receive anything or at least I didn't check the spam tray. If you sent me something, do you think you can send it to me again?

@

Now reviewing the topics I realize that I didn't receive anything or at least I didn't check the spam tray. If you sent me something, do you think you can send it to me again?
yes, i seed to you email again, do you get it.?

I didn't receive it. I also checked the spam folder. Do you think we could try issamich84@hotmail.com or some other drive?

Thanks in advance for the support.

Thanks anyway, Do you have any other method? Any drive You use?

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back