Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simphony OPOS error

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbo1998

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2016
GB
Hi all.

We have a problem using non Micros terminals with Simphony 1.6 MR10.
The problem is when we use the OPOS CashDrawer setting in EMC, Workstation, devices.
The client errors when SarOpsWin32 is started showing "Errors in Initializing Devices: Micros.Devices.CashDrawer.Opos"

SarOpsLog has the lines
"Initializing Devices
Cannot create the device corresponding to ProgID 'M' HR: [-2147221164]"
Whenever the OPOS CashDrawer setting is used.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks for your help.

Is this a single workstation or all workstations?

If Single, check all the cables for the workstation.

If All, have you tried re-calibrating/loading the image on to the workstations?

Hi Hosehead, thanks for your reply.
I have two test clients, different types of units to each other & it happens on both of them. I've reimaged them with Win7 & Win8.1 but the same thing happens every time they're restarted after the client is installed. OPOS test software works OK on both units.
It does seem to be a Simphony issue but I would think that this type of install (on to non Micros hardware, using OPOS) must have been done many, many times & I can't find any references to this problem.

Thanks Hosehead, I'll install it wben I'm in the office tomorrow.
I'll let you know what happens.

Hi,

Same issue here. This is with Simphony 1.6 (1.5 did the same)
I tried different till (HP or Partner), different receipt printer and different cash drawers and also different OPOS Drivers version with no success.

I am currently investigating this issue with an HP ap5000 / Win7 US-EN/ Epson TM-T88V on USB / HP Cash Drawer / EPSON OPOS 2.80R3

HP OPOS Test utility show everything ok including drawer status.

Simphony throws the "Errors in Initializing Devices: Micros.Devices.CashDrawer.Opos" straight away when starting and every few seconds/minutes.
SarOpsSLog shows: Cannot open device with ProgID 'M': I. nRet: [16] in our case

I initially thought this was because the cash drawer would not return its status but with an HP standard duty drawer (which is in fact APG Vasario cash drawer for OEM) I still have the issue despite the OPOS Test utility working perfectly fine and returning the correct status. On Micros Simphony / PMC / Devices / Diagnostic drawer shows "OPEN" in green no matter is the drawer is open or not. Same with OPS / WS Status.

Edited: we use 1.6 not 1.8

Ok, just find out - thanks to the 1.7 new ConfigureOps.exe tool that the configuration option was not right for the cash drawer.

It occurred that I only used the LDN for the OPOS CashDrawer in configuration option but it also requires to the cash drawer number in addition.
So for a USB connected cash drawer setup with the Epson OPOS ADK, you would use StandardU,1 as the configuration option (I previously only used StandardU as the option).

No more error message ! (I could not test the functionality as I am not onsite at the moment)

Yes, many thanks to you both & many apologies for my lack of response before now.
I was moved onto other issues & just got back onto this one earlier today.

@hosehead78 - Are you familiar with installation of Simphony First Edition?

Folks,

I'm also facing this type of problem on non-Micros hardware with Simphony v1.6 and an APG drawer connected directly to the Terminal. OPOS will fire the drawer. The POS Application will also fire the drawer but once then SarOps crashes. We are just using the OPOS cash drawer object name for the device in EMC. If we use any other name then we get the expected "Errors in Initializing Devices: Micros.Devices.CashDrawer.Opos" issue occurring.

But we are not specifying any numeral value after the object entry in EMC. I'm wondering if there is some type of generic name we should be using followed by the drawer number. Assuming we would need to change to the same name in the OLEForRetail\ServiceOPOS\Cashdrawer\DRAWNAME registry key?

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back