Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simphony Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

hosehead78

Technical User
Mar 15, 2012
US
Does anyone have any installation notes for installing Simphony v2.7 (2.700.400)?

I have two servers, an App and DB. Each has necessary specs and plenty of drive space. They are Windows 2008 R2 servers, the DB server has 2008 SQL Server r2 installed. I am trying to install the Database on to the DB server, but I keep getting the "Cannot determine privilege level of user" error message. All user and DB settings are correct (i've checked with a co-worker that is a DB admin). They do not know what it could be either. So I am wondering if I need to install the Software first then DB, or if it has to be on the same server.

Any thoughts?

::: UPDATE :::
I think I found a server setup guide.
(Oracle Hospitality Legacy Online Documentation Libraries)

I ran into this issue the first time I installed also. For me, I had to log into the DB and enable the SA user because by default after installing it was disabled. I believe this was the same message I was getting.

Nope, it is enable.

How was your system setup? Single or Dual server (Application and Database separated)?

If separated (like mine), what did you install first the Application or DB components?

I've done multiple servers as well as one. I always install the DB components first.

I am trying that, however I always get a error when trying to connect to the DB.

This one...

::Update::
I am not getting the following errors (still the one above here and there).
timeout expired. the timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool max pool size

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back