Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simphony IIS Application Pool Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

hosehead78

Technical User
Mar 15, 2012
US
Could someone help me out with this. I've changed the Application pool settings trying to fix an issue and now i've locked myself out of EMC.
Could I get a screen shot of your working settings. This is what I have and forgot to mark what I had.

Hi hosehead78,
What's your issue? How do you get an error? for example "SendSyncRequest returned with error code: ERC_COMM_ERROR"

Are you just looking for this?

rhv51c.jpg

etokatli - Yes, I am getting that error. These are the only settings I had changed, and I stupidly didn't save the configuration (screenshot). That's why I asked and looking at mrunowho screenshot, it is setup the same way. So, now I need to figure out what happened because I am still getting that error.

mrunowho - Thanks, I have the same settings. Hmm.

Most common reason is that the World Wide Web Publishing service won't start. Start it and the issue is resolved. Most of the time though you are going to get an error about a dependent service that won't start. I have found it to be the Windows Process Activation Service. This issue may occur if the file system transaction log is corrupted somehow. In this case run the following command in the command prompt:

fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\

This assumes that the system drive is C:

Reboot is required after running the command.

Ok, Did that, now I get "Unable to log in with the supplied user name and password. Please enter the user name and password and try again.

Ok, was able to get in using another user name and password (created when setting up the system).
However, I am not finding the OG account I was using to sign in with. Very Strange.

Very strange... I don't think I have come across user's disappearing before. I'm glad you were able to get in though!

Yea, it is odd, but I have 2 users working now, so if something happens I have the other to login with.

On an other note, do you have any pointers for the MyMicros/Web Reporting (documentation and such)? I have one user that gets logged in, but nothing is available and the other user can't log in. I know I am missing something somewhere, I just don't know how to tell what the company name is for each user. Here's a video of the issue.

1. I believe you need to have set the report role to Sys Admin and then configure a bunch of settings to have anything show up
2. The second user probably can't log in because they have to sign into EMC first before it will ever let them sign into myMICROS.
3. Here is a guide. It's on the older version of MM, but everything is the same. The graphics just look different.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=62680721-5fe9-4d51-aa2a-9d04a4a30dec&file=MM_SysAdmin_UserGuide.pdf
Ok, Thanks, I will check them out and let you know.

Hi,
Here's a video of the issue.
I have an expreince about this issue before. I fixed this issue with reassign password. Go to EMC and Select Employee at the General tab, click "Password" button and rewrite your password. And than you can login with the user to Oracle Reporting & Analytics.

* I think this is bug. :)

Thanks etokatli.
That's my video ;-), did you mean to post it as well?

I did the fix mrunowho suggested:
fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\
This assumes that the system drive is C:
Reboot is required after running the command.

It worked, however, I do not have anything showing up for the users to do. I haven't finished mrunowho recent suggestions as of yet, will should have the time tooday. I will post back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back