Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simphony Create Web From Dll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassel Faisal

Programmer
Sep 13, 2021
EG
Hello,

Micros Simphony version 18.2.5 is what I'm using.

After the cashier checked the specific button on the payment page, I tried to view the custom data in a table format.

I tried to use "OpsContext.showMessage" to complete it, but it only displays text, is there is any only to display complex data (such as tables).

it this possible or not using DLL files?
if yes, how I can do this?
is there is a better way to do that?

thanks in advance.

Hello Bassel,
Unfortunately there is no grid-like component available through opscontext api. The closest thing to it is OpsContext.ShowTextList.

if your Service Host clients are all windows32 clients, you can instantiate and display a winforms or wpf forms with grids on them.

19.2 docs mentions HTML5 support with OpsContext.ShowExtensibilityHtmlDialog, not sure if it is available on 18.2 though, i didnt see anything in the docs.

One more option is to do a hybrid app, and call an ISL inq from your DLL to display a window.

Hope this helps

Thanks For YOUR REPLAY
can you please tell me how to instantiate and display a winforms or wpf forms with grids.

Hey Bassel,
It hosuld be just like any other winform application. Add a windows form to your Ext App dll, and just new it up and show it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back