Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simphony 19.3. Update Extension Application DLL without uploading to EMC. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tangkeng

Technical User
Jun 4, 2024
SG
Hi,

I'm currently developing an extension application and whenever I update the DLL I have to first upload to EMC, then reload WS database then restart WS. It's a very long process.

However if I replace the DLL directly in the Extension Applications folder when SH starts it will overwrite that with the older DLL. How can I make it load from the newly replaced DLL?

Loading DLL cannot be controlled.
I can tell you a quick method: start SH, enter the login page, close it using Task Manager, and then start SH to load the latest version.
This is my practice at Simphony19.
If you are Simphony18, you need to delete the Application Extension folder before starting. This way, starting twice in a row can also quickly load.
I hope it will be helpful for your

You can use MicrosCal to deploy you DLL and check the version is correct as well.

- install Simpony and visual studio on a VM

- make a post build event in Visual Studio that copies the project output to the ext app dir and marks it as read only
if $(ConfigurationName) == Debug attrib -r "C:\Micros\Simphony\WebServer\if $(ConfigurationName) == Debug copy "$(TargetFileName)" "C:\Micros\Simphony\WebServer\if $(ConfigurationName) == Debug attrib +r "C:\Micros\Simphony\WebServer\if $(ConfigurationName) == Debug copy "$(TargetName).pdb" "C:\Micros\Simphony\WebServer\
- set visual studio to start external program
C:\Micros\Simphony\WebServer\ServiceHost.exe

- set breakpoint and start project from visual studio

This way you can start and stop Simphony with visual studio and dont need to worry about the dll being up to date.

Ext app still needs to be registered in EMC, with a disk file name for the dll

/Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back