Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIM Script throwing ISL error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryroanderson

Systems Engineer
Oct 18, 2017
US
I am trying to create a new service charge button for 22%.
As far as I can tell I have everything setup correctly, and I can even using the button when I remote into the server, but using the button from a terminal throws an ISL error - No Event Found.
I created a button in TS Designer (PMS/SIM inquire, interface 9, event inquire 1, added a new service charge (#23), added a new interface (#9), created a new pms9.isl in the pos/etc folder, the script is a copy of a 21% charge with the change of the service charge object number to 23.

Why would this work on an RDP session but not the terminal/why is throwing an error at the terminal?

System Info:
Micros RES 3700 5.5
WS 5's & 6

Here's my script:

event inq : 1
var svc_chg_obj : n6 = 23
var svc_chg_key : key = key(7, svc_chg_obj)
var inquire_2_key : key = key(24,(16384*2)+@pmsseqnum)

loadkybdmacro svc_chg_key, inquire_2_key
endevent

why do you need to use ISL? why not just use a standard service charge button for 22%?

Did you push your pms9.isl file out to the workstations through CAL?

microsGuy16 - Initially it was for consistency, all the properties I manage have their service charges set up this way. But then after not getting it to work it became my mission to figure it out.

Wildbar - I guess I didn't realize I would need to CAL the workstations to push this change, would I be able to just run a reboot or do the terminals actually need a full re-CAL?

You need to copy you pms9.sl file into the Micros/RES/CAL/"PICK THE TYPE OF WORKSTATION YOU ARE USING"/FILES/CF/MICROS/ETC folder.
It should then get pushed out to the workstations in a few minutes.
You need to copy it into the etc folder of every type of workstation you are using.
Hope this helps

Wildbar - That was exactly what it was. Thank you so much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back