Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Silly question... how do I know which PBX and Audix release? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

saira78

Technical User
Jan 14, 2003
CA
Sort of a trivial question. I inherited an phone system.

When I log into the console of the PBX module, I see G3csiV11 - so what does that translate into? Avaya? Lucent? Definity PBX G3? V11? R11i? I just need to know what to name this thing.

What about the Audix? I think I know this one. Definity Audix System Release 4. But correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!!!
Saira

It looks like you have a prologix CMC switch version 11.
G3 csi v11

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

if you type: disp capacity
on the last page it will show you which software load you are running on the switch. Looks like you have an avaya proligix V11. I think that is what the csi part stands for.

On the definity audix to get more info type:
display system-parameters customer-options
This will show how many ports, mailboxes etc you have. Not sure about the specific software load. Most of the type people talk in generalalities about the vm system. Most of the time its just "audix", but if you want to be specific you say definity audix. (thats what you have) as oppesed to Intuity audix (which is a separate box)

RTCMKEE

I don't think you can have an Intuity with a CMC, only a Definity Audix.

RTCMKEE I still hear about the Conn trip from the wife
Thank You !!!:)

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Hey its all your fault what i remember hehe... Tell her i said hi!

RTMCKEE

Saira. An easy way to tell what software version you are running is to type in newterm. That will show you version and release.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

I have a customer that has a CSI and an Intuity, so it should be possible.

SAIRA78,
I sort of goes like this...

csi - prologix (lots of times it's mounted on the wall)

si - one or a few single carrier cabinets (usually sits on the floor)

r - lots of cabinets and capacity (usually has refrigerator-sized cabinets)

Of course, this is a very basic explanation and I'm sure people may scream at how I've over-simpified it, but that's how I associate it.

Thank you all.

So it seems like I have inherited Avaya Prologix G3 Release 11i and a Definity Audix Release 4.

Saira

Well just thank the lord, you could have gotten stuck with a Cisco. now that would be sad...

And you have all of us to boot :)

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back