Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Silent Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2008
US
Our Call Center manager used to be able to silently monitor agents' calls, but suddenly lost the ability. When he uses function 905, he can see the list of agents on his phone, but when he clicks "OBSV" to listen in on a call, he gets an error saying "No Conf Avail." I checked the silent monitor settings on the BCM, and they all look correct. His phone has the silent monitor supervisor option checked. The only thing that changed is that I created a new agent number for him, but it has the same options as his old one. Has anyone seen this error before? I can't find anything in the documentation on it. We are using Nortel Reporting for Call Center on a BCM 4.0. Thanks!

He's assigned to all the old Skill Sets? He has an open Intercom available when you press Obsrv?

Adversity is Opportunity

Thanks for the suggestions, but the skillsets are okay and he does have several intercom positions open.

I figured it has something to do with conferencing, so I tried to conference one of their phones with my work and cell phone, but got an error "conference busy.

Hard reboot the bcm and make sure it is patched to the latest.

I rebooted it last night, but the problem persisted. All the patches are up to date, but I didn't suspect those anyway, because this worked for some time, then suddenly stopped working.

Looks like a ressource problem.Power-off the bcm, swap the two PEC cards and power-on.Let us know if it fixes the problem.

Powering cycling it did the trick. I didn't pull any boards, though. Should have tried that some time ago. Thanks for all the suggestions!

That's what i meant by Hard reboot but the problem will probably reoccur if you don't patch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back