Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Silent Calls Only on Avaya 3740 Dect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluemooner

Programmer
Feb 2, 2011
GB
Good Afternoon guys,

I have got an ongoing issue across our clients 2 sites as shown below

Basically if a call is made from site A using the dect handset to site B the call is fine but if a call is made from site B from any handset onsite to any of the dect handsets on site A the call is completely silent but if from site B they call any of the desk phones at site A the call is fine.

The thing is this only started happening 2 weeks ago and there have been no changes made to either of the Avaya's which to me points to the onsite IT who obviously are saying nothing has been changed either. I have un-ticked Allow Direct media path along with other slight tweaks on both systems including adding IP routes and noting seems to have made a difference.

I have a monitor trace from a call from site A to B and from site B to A and both traces are identical

Any help would be much appreciated as i have now hit a brick wall

Thanks in advance

APSS - SME Communications
ACIS - SME Communications
ACSS - SME Communications
AIPS - Avaya IP Office

Sorry both sites are operating on Avaya IP500v2 Version 9.0.22

AIPS - Avaya IP Office

Have you tried calling with a regular IP phone?
(To see if the issue is only DECT related)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Hi mate,

yes calls between sites using an ordinary 16xx series handset are fine this is what is making the issue even more bizzare.

AIPS - Avaya IP Office

I take it you checked the frame rate setting (that I told you to two weeks ago)?

- Is the install Provisioned?
- IPBS firmware matching IPO and the same on all of them?
- What do you have linking the sites?

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back