Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

silc card and video conferencing

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortel23

Technical User
Jul 21, 2006
US
I have my silc cards installed and members built. I also built my tsp in load 27 with numbers and spids. I am not getting the isdn connectivity. Is something else required for this?

do you have misp card installed?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The MISP controls 4 SILC Cards
Have you configured your DSL's with VCE DTA
for your B1/B2 TSP's

BRIL
MISP XX (Loop)

Cheers!!

Im on a Nortel 81c switch. Yes I have my misp card ,silc card and the tsp programed. I had a consultant dial in a confirm the programing is correct. However the ISDN lines are not active on my video conference box. I will reset my misp and take it out and receed it . Im taking a 25 pair cable to a patch panel and at each port taking two pair to the white blue white orange of each jack on the patch panel. Im taking a cat 5 to a patch panel which leads to each jack location directly. At each jack the cat 5 is punched down with 4 pair cable. Is there a standard for isdn lines to be punched down?

what is the status of the BRIL channel in LD32, is the Layer 1 UP?
With the Rj45 connector you should connect the pins 4/5(blue/white) to one pair (and if I remember well it's the second pair on the unity on the BIX) and pins 3/6 (green/white or orange/white depending on the wiring) to the first pair of the unity, if not, is the other way around.
check if L1 is UP each time you change the pairs.
L2 in some equipaments only goes up on a call.

The BRIL? When I go to load 32 how do I stat layer 1? I built a BRI in load 27 with TSP and the silc members.

LD 32

STAT L S C U

OR

STAT L S C - LOOP SHELF CARD - EXAMPLE:

STAT 16 0 2

THEN CHECK THE STATUS OF THE DSL RELATED TO THE TSP CONFIGURED

SORRY ABOUT THE DELAY

Thanks for your help. I may need additional help.

I disabled the loop receeded the misp card and enabled the loop associated to the Misp card . I stated the loop and its enabled. In load 32 I did a stat of my silc cards and they show up as L2 RLS and L1 Down. Is there some thing else I can try?

Im still getting nothing on my Tanburg. After receeding the Misp card.

Example:

.stat 4 0 0

SW DSL L2 #TEI L1 D-CHANNEL RCVY CLK MODE
==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ========= ==== ==== ====
00 = IDLE TRNK ESTA -- UP ESTA AUTO TE
01 = BUSY TRNK ESTA -- UP ESTA AUTO TE
02 = IDLE LINE RLS 0 DOWN
03 = IDLE LINE RLS 0 DOWN
04 = IDLE LINE RLS 0 DOWN
05 = IDLE LINE RLS 0 DOWN
06 = IDLE LINE ESTA 1 UP
07 = IDLE LINE RLS 0 DOWN
You can see the L1 up when the cable (wires) are correctly connected.

RJ45 BIX - MDF cable 25

3 - Rx + ->White/green --- second pair
4 - Tx + ->blue/white --- first pair BIX (MDF cable)
5 - Tx - ->White/blue --- first pair BIX (MDF cable)
6 - Rx - ->green/white --- second pair

check the wiring ...normally is bad wiring
and also check if the power is on the silc board the jumpers are to supply 48v

I was not sure if there are jumpers on the SILC card. Which jumpers need to be set?

The ISDN lines are working it was a matter of getting the pinout for the rj45. Im using a Tanberg and Im getting network errors on 2 out of 3 Tanbergs. But I know all my ISDN's work. I had them all going to a Tanberg I knew was working properly. Is there something I can do at the Tanberg thats not able to be dialed to or from. Is there something I can do to test the ISDN lines at those Tanbergs?

Hi Nortel23
Do the L2 get UP too?
I guess you don't have any ISDN phone to test the DSL one by one.
What you can do is to set a internal(DN) call (but only voice call) from the Tandberg , change setting for voice calls only, before you try Videoconf call.
Check the status of the dsl, you can even TRACe in LD80 the DN of your dsl.

that's all I can recall.

I was not aware a ISDN Nortel phone was available. Can you tell me more?

I have a question on the members on a silc card. When I stat the card in load 32 all members are not up some show up as down. Is there something I can do to make sure all members are up?

Yes,
isdn (BRI)basic rate interface has some terminals (TE), like isdn phones, fax G4, isdn 64k PC board for data, videoconference, etc.
So "any" isdn phone will do, to tests your dsl.

If the wiring is correct and the equipments are with power,
Layer1 (L1-physical) should be UP, layer2(L2- data link) depending on the terminal configuration if they are PMP or PP , could only goes UP when you start a call.

It's important that the DSL config PRID is the right option for the terminal. for Layer 3 - DCH to ESTabelish

1 ANSI
2 ETSI
3 DMS
4 NET64
5 Numeris
6 NI-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back