Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Signatures in outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

malladisk

Programmer
Jun 14, 2001
US
Hi, I have Outlook 2002 and I want to be able to have a set of different signatures available so that I can attach a different signature to each outgoing mail, as needed.
Can you help?
Thanks,
Sasikanth

In outlook 2000 (not 2002) you can do the following:

Tools
Options
Mail Format tab
Click signature picker

create as many signatures as you wish

Note that before you click signature picker there is
a listbox to choose a default signature or you can
choose "none" and add the signature later when you
compose a message to send.
To add a signature click insert and pick signature
then choose a signature.
Outlook 2002 must have similar functionality...try the help section.

Much Luck

("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._
`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)
(_Y_*.) ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'
_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'
(il), '' (li),' ((!.-'

Hi, I know the feature in 2000, that's why I was looking for it in 2002. No luck. Can anyone else help me?
Thanks,
Sashi

It is pretty much the same in 2002 as in 2000. The steps mentioned by mscallisto are correct except the button is titled Signatures instead Signature Picker.

What additional kind of help are you needing? joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Hi, thanks for your help. I did create different signatures using the above method. But when I compose a new msg (or reply or forward) and I want to add a signature, I can't do it. I go to Insert -> Advanced Text -> Signature and the signatures I created don't show up. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Sasikanth

Are you using Microsoft Word as your email editor? If you are then you would have to setup your signatures in word. In word2000 you would click on "Tools==>Options==>General==>Click on Email Options at bottom==>Create your signature here

zoeythecat, I did as you said but I still have no access to the signatures I created. What am I missing.

Thank you

Yeah,I still haven't worked it out yet. I can't find what you said
Sashi

It should be simple. Assuming you have Microsoft Word2002 and Outlook2002:

Microsoft Word
---------------
Tools
Options
General
Email Options
Email Signature (Enter your signature here)

Outlook
--------
Tools
Options
Mail Format - Check mark "Use Microsoft Word to Edit
Email Messages"

-You should now be able to view your signature from any new mail message.

Maybe I missunderstood the question. Yes we have signatures but how do you quickly change them from message to message. After you have followed the steps to create the signature you should open a new mail message. You will see the new signature you just created and if you will look next to the send button and you will see options and from there you should look in the drop down and see e-mail signatures and from ther you can quickly change from one signature to another.

Thank you and I am sorry if I missunderstood the question.

What exactly can't you find what I said? Are you sure you have word2002 and outlook2002? If you do then this is a step by step. If you want I can send you print screens but would need your email address.

The question was to change from signature to signature. I did not think the question was how to create a signature.
Please see his question below. Call me crazy but I think he already knew how to create one.

"Hi, I have Outlook 2002 and I want to be able to have a set of different signatures available so that I can attach a different signature to each outgoing mail, as needed.
Can you help?
Thanks,
Sasikanth

Thank you the help

Well, I guess I didn't understand the question and sorry about that. In that respect, I don't think this can be done. The only place I know of where you can setup signatures for email is in Microsoft Word or you can uncheck the word in outlook and setup the signature in outlook via Tools==>Options==>Mail Format

You can add multiple signatures in Outlook with Word still checked as your e-mail editor and you can select which one to use when you click on new for new message. Once you have your different signatures saved in Outlook click new message then on your toolbar that has the send button you will see a drop down arrow on the button that says options which has an option to choose e-mail signature. I am using Outlook XP and it works fine for me with 4 different signatures.

To get signatures, make sure the default email format is HTML ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back