Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Signature Suggestions using Outlook 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

downtime

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2002
US
I am looking for a good way to have a signature with our company logo. Currently we are using Outlook and having MS Word create our new email messages. The signature we use is a image (*.jpg) Problem is that our clients use lotus notes and other software to view email. Is thier a way to create a signature that everyone can view with our company logo?

thanks

You can add the logo (.jpg or .gif) by pasting it in the Outlook Signature Editor (Options/Mail Format/Signature Picker/Edit). For this to add to your emails, you must select HTML for "Send in this message format:" above the Signature Picker.
But, see this thread for whether your recipients will receive it...
thread605-342442

Thanks gigahertz,

But I still have a problem. The logo is blank when I paste. Any suggestions?

Right click in a blank area of the signature and select Insert Image...

Thanks,

Now I get a red X, any suggestions?

That thread has hundreds of entries. Make sure the image is a reasonably small file, it is a .jpg or .gif (NOT .bmp or .tif), and also Check the box beside "Send pictures from the internet" under Message Format.

Thanks again.

Now I have our logo on the left, but it only allow me to have 1 line of Text. I was hoping for 3 lines of text to the left of the logo.

--------
| logo |My name
| |Title
| |Ph #
---------

any thoughts?

If you have picture editing software, you could make the text part of the image itself. Otherwise, you'll need to use an advanced editor and build a table in html.

Thank you for your time and energy. I will just create a image.

In Outlook's signature picker, edit the signature, then Advance Edit. This will open up MS Word to edit the sig. Check the picture format - especially the text wrapping - try 'tight'.

It is not a signature you need to create for a company logo. You need to create some stationery with your image on is as background or in a fixed position with margins set up to position the text insertion point.

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back