Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Signature in Outlook 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

notchris

Technical User
Sep 23, 2007
US
My Signature looks like this...

Name
Position
Company
Email
Number
Fax
(Then Three Images Are Supposed to be displayed Here)

While creating the signature I can see the pics but when I click new mail I get an error saying that the Active X controls are set to block images not registered as safe
How to I register the images as safe so Active X will allow it to run?

Thanks,

notchris

If there's an ActiveX control involved, that's more than just an image. Even if you could send it that way, any recipient should be blocking it anyway. If you're intentially imbedding an ActiveX control in your signature - don't do it. If you're not doing it intentionally, you'd better find out what's going on.

Ok how can I assure my self that there is not an active x control involve it just text and 1 bitmap image that I'd like to display and everyone else at my company can display this image and more without a problem some even use jpeg which is where i started then I went to bmp i planned to try a few more but then I made this forum instead

What should I try now

Thanks

Create a new signature with just text & use that for a starting point. If that works fine, add the image that you want. There should be no ActiveX content.

I did that already and even with just text I get the error now. I can't make it go away it was when I added the pics in that caused the active x warning to come up

I went in and manually disabled the block, so now the error does not display but still the images won't display just red X's in white box what could cause the images from not displaying

also if I add the same picture to an email by clicking insert then add picture it displays fine
its only when I insert the image as a signature
I tried gif and jpeg again still nothing

by the way thank you so much for helping me with this I have alot of technical background just not with office programs, just glad somebody out there can help me learn this stuff when my own methods of figuring it out fails
so thanks a whole bunch

Chris

I'm not sure I'm following this part. You're still talking about the outlook signature that gets added when sending mail, correct?
I went in and manually disabled the block, so now the error does not display

I hate to tell you but this sounds very suspicious to me. If something is getting added to your outgoing signature, I'd be looking for a worm/virus. Run a couple of these faq760-3862

Yes the signature in outlook does not display the little Logo bmp file at the bottom of it just white boxes with red X's I disabled the Active X error message i was getting but still can't get images to display with the signature.

I can type my signature and then manually insert the pic each time and it displays but when I click insert signature or click new mail were its set to auto the images don't show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back