Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Signaling Server's /var directory is at 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

mszodiac

Technical User
Jun 18, 2012
CA
Hello everyone! Our CS1000's signaling server's /var directory is at 100% full. Being at 100% full, we've seen our VoIP calls go down unexpectedly, and Element Manager becoming unresponsive.

We do not have the root password (unfortunately). Is there another way to clear/delete files off of /var directory just with the admin credential?

Your soonest reply is extremely appreciated!

I think you can do it with the admin2 password. If you don't have them,, the instructions to change are in the NTP. Also somewhere in the /var is a log folder and it sounds like you may have some logs to remove.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

I've tried deleting the files using admin2. However, if I show the permissions on the directories, it shows "rw --r nortel" only. I'm confused because as far as I know, nortel account was removed from Release 7.5.

You can log into the ss using admin2 and use the freeDiskSpace command. That will clean up alot of stuff. I never backup the logs when doing this.

You can reset the root password also with the install media, also in NTP (Security Fundamentals)

Thanks for your replies! I'm hesitant to reset the root password because the NTP says the BIOS must be a minimum 18 or it can crash the system AND I've crashed a system before doing this. It's really a catch 22 since. I do not know the root password and cannot run the command to confirm the BIOS level. I'll be trying this on the lab system today, so hopefully it will work this time.

I tried the password recovery but I get the error "Error: Cannot define device for /partition" Does anyone know why this is?

There is a patch that can be applied to this to stop it happening again, but you'll need to clear the directory files first. We had it happen twice in the space of a fortnight on 2 different systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back